|Galilee Salt Marsh|
Resources & References
- Taken from Life in a New England Salt Marsh, written and illustrated by students of the Department of Biology, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, Revised Edition, 1995.
- Taken from Rhode Island Geology for the Non-Geologist, Quinn, Alonzo Z, The Rhode Island Natural History Survey, Inc., Kingston, RI, 1997.
- Taken from Historic and Architectural Resources of Narragansett, RI, Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission, 1991.
- Defenses of Narragansett Bay in World War II, Schroder, Walter K.,Rhode Island Publications Society, copyright ,1996 Seventh Printing, Professional Press, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Salt Marsh, Unit IV, Save the Bay, Inc, 19
- A Field Guide to the Atlantic Seashore from the Bay of fundy to Cape Hatteras, Gosner, Kenneth L., Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston,1978.
- At the Sea's Edge: An Introduction to Coastal Oceanography for the Amateur Naturalist, Fox, William T., Prentice-Hall, Inc., New York,1983.
- Conceptual Design Report for the Galilee Bird Sanctuary Restoration/enhancement Project, prepared by Applied Bio-Systems, P.O. Box 985, West Kingston, R.I. 02892, for the Rhode Island Department of Transtportation, Division of Public Works, June, 1991.
- Salt Marsh Restoration Monitoring at the Galilee Bird Sanctuary, Narragansett, RI, funded by: Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management, Division of Fish and Wildlife, Principal Investigators: Golet, Francis, Myshrall, Dennis, Paton, Peter, Tefft, Brian, March 30, 1998.
- The Nature of a Tidal Marsh, Shuster, Carl N., Jr., U.S. Dept of Health, Education and Welfare, Rhode Island State Dept. of Natural Resources, Information Leaflet: L-145, August-September, 1966.
- Plants and Animals of the Estuary, prepared by the Connecticut Arboretum, Bulletin No. 23, Connecticut College, New London, CT, June 1978.
- Tidal Marsh Invertebrates of Connecticut, prepared by the Connecticut Arboretum, Bulletin No. 20, Connecticut College, New London, CT, October 1974.
- Salt Marsh Plants of Connecticut, prepared by the Connecticut Arboretum, Bulletin No. 25, Connecticut College, New London, CT, June 1980.
- A Field Guide to the Atlantic Fishes, Robins, C. Richard and Ray, G. Carleton, The Peterson Field Guide Series, Houghton Mifflin Co., Boston, MA, 1978.
- A Field Guide to the Atlantic Seashore, Gosner, Kenneth L., The Peterson Field Guide Series, Houghton Mifflin Co., Boston, MA, 1978.
- Wetlands of North America, Niering, William A., Thomasson-Grant Publishers, Charlottesville, VA, 1991.
- Marine Biology,Doris, Ellen, produced in association with the children’s School of Science, Woods Hole, MA, Thames and Hudson, Inc., New York, NY, 1993.
- What a Difference a Bay Makes, Rhode Island Historical Society, Rhode Island Department of Library Services, Providence, RI, 1993.
- The Seaside Naturalist, Coulombe, Deborah A., A Fireside Book by Simon and Schuster, New York, NY, 1984.
- Seashore, Burnie, David, Eyewitness Explorers, Dorling Kindersley, New York,1997.
- http://www.windows.ivv.nasa.gov/earth/water/water cycle.html
Here is a list of resources you may find helpful, we certainly did!
Tide Pool, Gunzi, Christiane, A Funfax Book, Covent Garden Books, New York, 1998.
The Seacoast Science Center:The Salt Marsh, Seacoast Science Center/ Audobon Society of New Hampshire, 1994
An Elusive Compromise: Rhode Island Coastal Ponds and Their People, Lee, Virginia, Coastal Resources Center University of Rhode Island
The First Book of Swamps, Smith, Frances C., Franklin Watts, Inc., 1969
The Seaside Naturalist, Coulombe, Deborah A., Simon & Schuster, New York, 1984
Hurricane Carol Lashes Rhode Island, Providence Journal Company,1954
The Ecology of New England High Salt Marshes: A Community Profile, Nixon, Scott, Fish and Wildlife Service U.S. Department of the Interior, 1982